- Please see Studio Fees under Studio Information for pricing.
- Payment is due on or before the first lesson of each month.
- Please pay with Cash, PayPal or Venmo if possible.
- Payment by check is fine. If a check for payment is insufficient, you will pay the bank fees and the lesson in cash, PayPal, or Venmo. All future lessons MUST BE PAID IN CASH, PayPal, or Venmo.
- If you pay for the month and decide to stop taking lessons before the end of the month, balance of lesson payments will NOT be refunded.
- All lessons must be consecutive, according to the Term Schedule.
- Once you commit to the studio, the expectation is you will continue every week of every scheduled month. If you plan to stop taking lessons at any time, please let me know ASAP via email.
- When payment is due, please submit WHEN REQUESTED. If you do not submit payment on time, you will be charged a $25 late fee.
- An additional $20 fee will be issued every term (three to four months) for IN STUDIO students. This is non-refundable. It will be due at the first scheduled lesson of the term. This fee will cover CD’s burned, music purchased, sight reading factory membership and any other miscellaneous expenses. Please feel free to use sheetmusicplus.com or musicnotes.com to purchase your own music. If the music is not on either of those sites, it probably does not exist.
THERE ARE NO MAKE UP LESSONS. Instead you may choose options 1, 2 or 3:
- Option 1: Send me a video of you performing the vocal exercises and the song(s) you’ve prepared. Upload the video via Google Drive, Drop Box or YouTube. I will use your lesson day/time to evaluate your work and send you a video back with my assessment. Please try to submit videos PRIOR to the missed assigned lesson unless unforeseen inclement weather or unavoidable emergency.
- Option 2: Zoom lesson on the day/time of your assigned lesson.
- Option: 3: Times in BLUE, are open; you may reschedule for that time. This must be the same week of your scheduled lesson. When the studio is at capacity, it will be challenging to find open times. Therefore Option 1 or 2 is best.
- If you miss your lesson (no call/no show), you will NOT receive any options for a make up (calling/emailing post lesson start time is not acceptable).
- The cost of online lessons is the same as in person lessons. Please see Studio Fees under Studio Information for pricing.
- You will be invoiced via PayPal. (You may pay through Venmo if that is easier.) As soon as payment is received, your lesson will be scheduled.
- The vocal exercises and all accompaniment files will be uploaded for you in Google Drive or Drop Box.
- You will need two separate devices (computer, smartphone, tablet). At least one must be able to operate Zoom (FaceTime as a back up). The other must have adequate speakers for playing accompaniment sound tracks or be able to connect to an external speaker. An external microphone is encouraged but not required.
- Most of the successful Zoom lessons incorporate Zoom on the computer and downloaded mp3 files on a smart phone.
- Please have all vocal exercises and accompaniments downloaded BEFORE your lesson so your time online will be used wisely.
- If you wish to become a good singer, please practice 20 minutes, five out of seven days.
- If you wish to be an excellent singer, please practice TWO 20 minute periods six out of seven days.
- If you wish to be a competitive singer, please practice THREE 20 minute periods EVERY DAY until your literature is learned, memorized and polished.
- Please find a suitable place to practice where you feel free to project your voice. A room with computer and/or CD player is best.
- Practice in front of a mirror to check posture, vertical jaw placement, facial expressions and gestures.
- Parents do play a vital role in the success of their singer. If you do not hear your student singing, they probably are not practicing.
- It is paramount parents refrain from directly criticizing your singer or the choice of music.
- Please call or email any concerns to me rather than venting through your singer. When you criticize the instruction of the teacher to your singer, the trust between student and teacher is impeded.
- When you criticize your student directly, it could stop his/her growth exponentially. The vocal cords are close to the heart strings!
RECITAL AND COMPETITIONS:
- Recitals and competitions are encouraged but NOT required.
- The parent and student are encouraged to search for competitions online. Please vet the site completely to insure you have all the correct information and that the competition is age appropriate for your singer.
- Do understand there will be a possibility of additional expenses involved with recitals and competitions.
- If the audition is live, accompanist fees run $50-$75 per hour.
- If the accompanist must drive to the site, there is a $.67 per mile gas compensation. The cost of out of town lodging and meals must be considered as well.
- The competition itself may require a registration fee.
- The instructor is not responsible for transportation and/or lodging to out of town events.
PARKING AND SAFETY:
- Please park on the street when the weather is nice.
- Inclement weather: please park on the left or right side of the driveway. Remember: during inclement weather you may choose to come to your lesson, move to Zoom, video your exercises/songs at home and upload the video to Google Drive (I will send you feedback via video) OR find another open BLUE day/time.
- Our driveway faces north and is very slippery, even when scooped. With inclement weather, running up and down our steep driveway may be dangerous. Therefore parking on the left or right side of the driveway is necessary.
- Singer (and accompanying parents) will wash your hands and put on hand sanitizer (you may bring your own).
- Please make sure your singer NEVER comes to a lesson with a temperature, cold or flu symptoms. My husband and I had Covid November of 2020 and would like to avoid getting it again!
- If the singer has Covid or been exposed to Covid, he/she is expected to use the video option #1 or option #2 on Zoom platform for at least the next lesson. Using the options for the next two lessons is ideal.
- If the singer (or the teacher) cannot continue lessons due to Covid, those lessons will be refunded.
- The steps outlined in the studio policies are intended to provide a safe environment for student learning. However, given the uncertainties relating to transmission of the COVID-19 virus, there is a risk students or any family member or other individual accompanying a student may contract the virus while at the studio. By acknowledging the studio’s policies, you agree to assume any and all risk associated with COVID-19. You also agree to waive, release, and discharge any claims against Peak Performance Voice Studio and Paula Baack for liability for any illness, injury, damage or loss that may occur due to contracting COVID-19 in connection with attendance at the studio.